Monday, March 9, 2009

Obsession

I feel friggin' great! I'm literally obsessed with this music project. Today, Squeaky went to work for 8 hours. I started working on stuff by the time she left & was still at it when she came back! During that time, I re-did the vocals on one song, then re-mastered it...THEN I recorded another song to it's completion! I'm talking all the instruments & vocals (okay, I DID finish the drums prior, but that's it). I'm very happy with my songs so far (and thanks for the compliment, Kimmy! :) ). I have not doubt that I will be able to make a living doing music now & it feels damn good. I know this because I have a conviction in my brain to not let anything stop me.
Oh, and as far as partying...I've kept the "once-a-week" plan & it's worked flawlessly. I feel completely in control & I do it now to have fun & not to get away from a miserable existence. I WANT to live my life now. I've got so much work to do & I'm loving it because it's what I love. Case closed!

1 comment:

DaftDragon said...

The bipolar them song is fun- hahaha, it definitely clicked with me, it feels like your on the edge of something throught the whole song. 'just broke up' is my fav of them- totally RAD guitar work, very tight. The parts where your voice gets really energized and intense are sexy, i love it. The only thing i might say (and i know nothing about music)- is that the first line, rhyming 'walk' and 'talk', doesn't give an opening impression that fairly represents how unique and well put together the rest of the song is. You are awesome, i am SO excited to see you doing this stuff- totally inspirational for someone really be comfortable doing what they love (and kicking ass at it).