Monday, August 29, 2011

Pushing Back the Enemy Lines...

Get it? "Lines", hahaha! That was horrible, I know!
I had my first therapy session with the shrink I'll call "DM". As you recall, in my last hopeless episode, I was weary about this guy and was very skeptical to meet him. As it turns out, I like him a LOT!! As part of me suspected, his voice is just naturally deep and soft, and I must have interpreted that over the phone as being disinterested. I felt comfortable right away, and the place I'm going to (a place that caters specifically to the LBGT community) matched me up with him well. He also happens to have lots of experience, especially with drug addiction! When you sign up, they ask you what your preferences are. I told them that a bisexual male would be preferable, but not necessary. He assured me that we would get through this. It felt really good to hear that, and he was quite confident in his statement, which made me feel the same. There's HOPE!! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!
After this one session, I've even gotten a little more comfortable with the idea of going back to school. That appears to be a far stretch at this point, but nonetheless, it certainly seems more possible now than it did before. It's also nice to feel less alone. This is a good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon your blog a few hours ago, but never really took the time to go through the rest of your entries. I'm slowly working my way through. Hope you don't mind, but I linked you up. It's the only way I seem to remember who I like to follow.

I'm glad that you like your therapist. I don't know cocaine addiction, but I sure know how hard it is to find a therapist you like and that isn't a complete fuck wad.

Coke Addiction Kinda Sucks said...

I don't mind at all! It's nice to know SOMEONE is reading, lol