Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Mr. Clean

Yea, I've been clean for over a week now (due mostly to circumstance). Last Thursday I was supposed to hook up with M. I waited around and he kept telling me "soon". I waited in agony until 6:30am when I finally just fell asleep. The next night, he finally calls at around 4pm and tells me his phone dropped in a jug of beer. Whatever, so this would be the night instead. As soon as he was done with a birthday party, he would be ready ("great", I thought). Yea, so I went through the same bullshit until the calls just stopped (by the way, I was not like bugging him every 15 minutes or anything like that. It was more like every 2-3 hours). Again, I fell asleep around 6am. The funny thing is that I really did not even feel like going either of those nights. Thursday morning was the day I switched my multi-vitamins (I got some from the health store because I thought they would be better than my Centrums). Well, something in the new vitamins did not agree with me and I felt nauseous and extremely weak all day. It did not occur to me that it was the vitamins until Friday evening. Nonetheless, I still would have gone given the chance. He called me late the next day telling me that his new phone's battery died. Again - whatever. So, here I am - the cleanest I've been since before I started again, lol. I'm going to Chicago tomorrow for a week or so. My clean record will be dirtied by then for sure! I will admit that my mind seems more clear and focused. I've also been off of my anti-depression meds for longer than I've been in years. Fuckin' drugs!

No comments: