Friday, October 10, 2008

Making Friends with an Archnemesis

I'm definitely in the most promising situation I have been in in a looooooooooooong time. Even though I have not found work yet, I'm feeling pretty good overall. I'm finally back up to the point where I can run 2 miles without walking some of it. I've done 4 miles recently, but I had to walk some of it. I'll get there. Baby steps.
This week has been the first in which I've gone to school in order to prepare myself for my math entry test. It's a bitch. I have an extreme case of math anxiety. The first time I went there with my aunt to check it out (the math tutorial system) my hands were literally shaking. There's a reason behind this. In recent years, I've come to see math as my arch enemy in life. I can honestly say that my lack of understanding of the subject has literally ruined my life, and has contributed to my addiction without a doubt. It has forced me to give up 2 different majors in college. With my first major, you DID need math for the actual job in the real world. But my second attempt at college was majoring in psychology. Give me one good reason why a clinical psychologist needs to be good at college-level math. It's fucking BULLSHIT that it is a requirement to get a psychology degree. Total fucking BULLSHIT!!! What's even more frustrating is that I know I would make a pretty kickass psychologist. But hey, I suck at advanced math...so much for that idea. Okay, I think you should have an idea about my feelings towards math, lol.
Anyway, my point is that I'm giving it my all (again), but this time I'm going to do my best to keep a positive attitude towards it. I can honestly say that I have had many instances where I've actually liked math. It's like a puzzle. Puzzles can be fun. I've just got to chill. Yup, gonna chill *takes long deep breaths*.
I'm still thinking about the end of the month. I've got 3 people that I can party with, but I need to pick only one...maybe two...no, I can't be greedy...one...maybe two *ugh!*.

2 comments:

DaftDragon said...

good luck mathing... i weirdly feel you on that one... i'm taking a horrible horrible math class to complete a psych major as we speak, had my first exam last night :/ ... oh the creepy coincidences

Melody Lee said...

I'm math impaired and even though people who aren't always give me excellent reasons why advanced math is crucial to everyday life I don't believe it. I think it is pro math propaganda put out by unemployed caluculus teachers. Math is the devil!