Sunday, October 5, 2008

Marathon Man

I've been completely clean for 9 days now & I do feel pretty good by comparison overall. There has been so little to do here in my new town, so I've made sure to keep myself occupied with things I will benefit from in the long run. I've discovered that my aunt has a bunch of exercise equipment in the basement here including a Bowflex (which I must admit, I was skeptic at first but I'm now a fan), treadmill, and bicycle. I've kicked my workout routine into high gear & I decided to start training for the 2009 IL Marathon. I don't know if I'm going to do the full marathon because to me it's kind of like breaking your own leg for a medal, but I have people around me that are telling me it's really not that bad. Either way, I'm doing at LEAST the half-marathon. 13.1 miles sounds reasonable to me rather than 26.2 at this point. I have more than enough time to train this time (I tried training for the Chicago Marathon a few years back, but started too late). Anyway, I'm glad to report that so far I'm doing great!
Today was the first day that I've actually gone out on my own to do my own thing (no, not coke). I actually found a pretty cool cafe downtown & hung out there for hours doing some studying up on my skills for jobs I'm applying for in the area and drinking iced chi. I was surprised at how much I actually remember even though I've not really worked in that capacity in over a year. Nonetheless, I don't want to look like a retard when I take the routine entry tests. And, speaking of tests, I got my "gonumber1" kit today, so they can drug test me all they want.
Yes, I still DO plan to see and party with CE at the end of the month. Hey, I never said I was going "cold turkey"!

4 comments:

Melody Lee said...

Hey, congrats on doing so well, 9+ days is HUGE, some may not think so but 9 is better than 8 and so on. A marathon huh? I have to respect that, I'm 'that girl', you know the one they spoof on TV shows, riding the exercycle with the ashtray custom glued to the monitor. I'm so fucking healthy! Haha

Anonymous said...

good job! Keep at it, (until the end of the month)

Victoria said...

That's great that you've been clean for nine days! Moving in with your aunt is definitely going to be a good thing for you. You've already been making steps in a positive direction, which is awesome. I have to give you props for starting to train for the marathon... I know that I certainly wouldn't have the discipline to do that!

♥ Tori

DaftDragon said...

way to go! and kudos on the marathon business... i ran the IL marathon last yr, and I won't lie, its a bitch, but feels so incredible. impressive my friend.