Friday, January 16, 2009

My drummer is a total ANIMAL! No, seriously.

Well, shit - I can't sleep & I have not written in a while, so here I go. Not much has happened since I got here actually. Before I left Southern IL, I picked up my last pay stub from the job I left & was like "holy shit!" because it really hit me how well they actually treat their workers! There's no doubt that having money is nice, but I gotta live my life without ever getting too comfy.
I have not hooked up with Idiot (who dropped his phone AGAIN and broke it AGAIN - I know you're all shocked.). Squeaky and I have a little something planned for tonight. It's -17 degrees Fahrenheit outside. My eyelashes froze within a half a block of walking my dog this morning. So, a little indoor skiing is fiiiiiiiiiiiine with me!
As far as the music project, I've got things moving. I'm practicing my set list every day until I get it down perfectly. I'm working out the details with my ex-drummer in WI & my parents in FL to get my equipment back to me here. I'm still kind of open to the idea of working with other people, but not very enthused about it. I'm not about to have another project blow up in my face because of someone else in the band. If I have full control of the project, then I can only blame myself. But, as much as I love being alone, I have to admit that it's a lot more fun when it's a collaboration. Fuck. I knew I'd start thinking about that again. I truly have a love/hate relationship with people! If only I could teach my dog to play drums - that would be sweet.

1 comment:

Gledwood said...

...I truly have a love/hate relationship with people!...

I'm with you there. 'Xcept mine's generally hate-hate...!