Monday, January 12, 2009

My Own Personal Jeebus

I've finally decided that I'm going back to Chicago. I've had a long-ass time to think about shit between Squeaky & I, in fact, almost a year. I think I can forgive her (but NEVER forget) for our falling out & the things she did and said. She really does think the world of me for whatever reason. Even my aunt said that it would be foolish to let go of someone that loves me so much & actually "gets" me. Shit - I don't even get me most of the time! For a while, I was convinced that this was nothing but a suicide mission, but I honestly feel like I've grown strong enough to deal with my shit this time. I guess I needed actual proof that my problems will find me wherever I run to & that the only way to beat them is to stand up to them whenever & wherever they rear their ugly heads.
I'm not going up there without a plan either. Believe it or not, I've been making an effort to think things through. I cannot deny what I am & what my passion is and always will be. When I do, I feel dead. I died another death, so to speak, when I let my addiction take precedence over my music. Once again, I guess I needed proof that it would fuck me up that bad. I'm one stubborn ass mother fucker, lol! But I can use that stubbornness to my advantage now. There is only one I ultimately live for & that's music. It's a lifelong obsession. Music, to me, literally equals "God". There is no other reason to go on living without it. If I feel dead, then I might as well BE dead. Fuck that! Rock 'n' Roll has been in my blood ever since I can remember & I've inherited it from my father (who is an excellent musician & also encourages me). I know I have been given something very special & I'll be damned if I let it go to waste. For all I know, the music may never be heard until years after I die, and I'm okay with that. I'm happy to die trying. I'm just another human being who's mission happens to be of great importance as far as I can tell. I'm absolutely certain that love will win in the end. How do I know? Because I'm going to make damn sure of it!
And, no, this does not mean I will completely stop partying. Sex, (blank) & Rock 'n' Roll? I don't think so!!!

4 comments:

Gledwood said...

best of luck in the Windy City!

Coke Addiction Kinda Sucks said...

Cheers, kind Sir! :)

DaftDragon said...

i LOVE your resolve and really really wanna hear your stuff. lemme know if you ever get to play anywhere in town :) and hey, now that you know the worst that this relationship can possibly bring, have suffered through it and really let it sink in, and you are willing to try again... well that says something dude. and i'm pretty sure i agree with your aunt. if you know and can handle the worst, it's a perfectly good decision to share life with someone who sees it as you do. rock on music man.

Cocaine Princess said...

I love music. I make it a point to devote an hour everyday to just listen to music. It's powerful, soothing, intoxicating and therapeutic. If you have a gift with music you should try to pursue it. You never know where it might lead.