Friday, December 19, 2008

Escape

So, as I suspected, "slam guy" totally blew me off yesterday. I guess that's just as well - I don't need to be making this shit any worse. The thing that pissed me off was that he strung me along all fucking day. What a dick.
I had my interview, but I'm not sure I'm being considered. In fact, I'm not even sure I would want it anyway because of the pay. It was not a surprise, but the pay is less than half as what I was making in my previous job. But, that's how you start out in any Carrier, right? The interviewer was actually a pretty sexy Asian chic. It was very informal & she was all punked out (definitely NOT what you would expect for an interview!). In fact, I think she might have been high because her eyes were red as hell, lol. Needless to say, I instantly liked the place! She showed me around & everyone there looked like they were either an actor or musician. Bonus! Everything went very well until I said goodbye and started out the door. For some reason, I just got the feeling that I did not get it. I have mixed feelings about this. The lack of funds would be worth it in the long run if I decided to definitely pursue a culinary career. But the more I talk about it with people, the more discouraged I get. Many people I know say that they have friends who are chefs and cannot find a job worth shit. I guess it's like being a musician. Since everyone and their fucking sister wants to do it, the competition is fierce. Anyway, I've not been called back yet. It would be nice to at least have SOMETHING by the time my aunt gets back. You know what it is, honestly? I'm SO god-damn sick of the fucking rat-race that "sick of" does not even begin to describe how I loathe it. It's fucking stupid & I fucking hate everything about it. I don't want to be part of it anymore. I guess I'm trying to minimize my participation in it by getting low-key work & making damn sure that I have enough time & freedom to myself to do what I WANT TO FUCKING DO. "Life's for my own to live my own way", as Hetfield says.
M.U. is coming down tomorrow, so I'm rather excited about that. I guess that's another good thing about that dickhead blowing me off. I'm not going to still be recovering by the time she gets here. Shit, I would not be surprised if I decided to just go back up there with her.

No comments: