Sunday, December 7, 2008

Modern Day Candide

Okay, so here's the longer version of my weekend since I called off work: Both my aunt & uncle were supposed to go out of town for a few days on Thursday night, which meant I would have the place to myself. That was also a factor in my decision to call off, but not the deciding one. So that night, I was all set & let nobody know that I had called in. The plan was simply to wait until they left & enjoy the rest of the evening alone at last. The rest of the plan was to have NS come over & we could party on Friday, then the rest of the weekend I could study for my job. Yea, none of those happened!
I anxiously waited & waited for them to leave (I was sure that they would leave hours before I had to...um...go to work). It started to get dark out & I started wondering if they would even go. So, I made a "plan B" and a "plan C". Plan B was to get ready and dressed for work, leave, then do drive-by's every hour or so to see if they left yet. Plan C assumed they were not leaving & would be used after 10pm if they were still there. This plan involved me driving up to Chicago & staying with MU, then figuring out some sort of explanation as to why I did not come home after work.
6:15pm & there was still no sign that they were going anywhere. I switched to plan B & started "getting ready for work". As I was running around gathering up my stuff, I noticed my aunt was laying on the couch in her migraine position. Fuck! I was pretty damn sure they were not going now. On my way out, I asked my uncle if they were going or not & he replied that it was up to my aunt. Double fuck!
I had not eaten dinner, so I figured I'd go kill some time & grab something to eat. I got the urge to eat a Big Mac, so I hit the Mickey D's. After I ate, I made a couple calls. Call 1 was to MU to make sure it was okay for me to go up there, which of course it was. Call 2 was to RM to ask her to call the house and ask for me & if nobody picked up, I would haul ass back home. RM was out to dinner & said she would call after she was done. She was, of course, very amused by my situation, lol. We have a great relationship - she helps me out with her bullshitting skills & I give her entertainment of telling her about my stupid life.
Anyway, so I'm driving around in my uniform wondering what the fuck to do until I able to make the decision to use plan C or not. Plan C was becoming very unappealing too because I started to feel the effects of the bronchitis.
I pulled into a parking lot near a mall in front of a bar. I kind of wanted to go in and get a drink or two, but I was feeling shitty, so I just sat in the truck watching people come in and out like a friggin stalker. After an hour or so, I got tired of waiting for RM to call, so I decided to do a drive-by. When I got there, the car was still there. Triple fuck! I drove back to the bar & waited another half-hour or so. I finally decided that I would just give up, drive home and tell them I came home sick. When I pulled up the second time, to my amazement, the car was gone! I came in, messed around on the web & went to sleep...but not before making a final call. This one was to NS to confirm Friday night. It was confirmed & it would be smooth sailing from then on....NOT!
I woke up the next morning & got a call from my uncle telling me that he would be back that night & only my aunt was staying the few more days. Quadruple FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!! Needless to say, Friday night did not happen & I ended up having to tell them that I came home sick from work anyway. For those of you who don't know me personally, this is how my life always goes, lol! This is why I do drugs!
Anyway, so here I am, 3 days later & have not studied one bit. I'm pretty sure I'm going to quit the job before I even start, but I feel kind of stuck because it's all I have right now. I've had a lot of time to think over the weekend & I'm pretty sure I'm just ready to get out of health care completely. I'm just not feeling into it any more.
I've been checking out culinary schools all over. I'm looking at one in London & one in Paris. That would be fucking cool. I actually love to cook - it relaxes me & allows my mind to wander like it always wants to. Why not get paid for that shit? London seems more reasonable at this point considering I don't know how to speak French, but I think I could learn pretty quick since I speak Spanish. I'm going to go pound my head against the wall some more. Cheers!

2 comments:

Melody Lee said...

Culinary school would be pretty fucking cool! Haha, looks like I'm not the only one who's a domestic slut!
Muphy's law as it applies to drug/all situations........It gets me too, you are not alone my friend, we just dust ourselves off and try again.
Hope you're feeling a bit better, M.

DaftDragon said...

Umm.. u definitely should go abroad, what a great idea! haha, though you might miss our amazing home. I second what M said, you gotta just get back on it :)