Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fluoxetine, you are my heroine

My happy pills seem to be stabilizing somewhat. I've been able to think more positively today, which has put me on a better frequency. I've had more energy and only a couple of "dips" during the day. I ran a couple of miles earlier, which felt really good. I feel like I'm finally going to get back into good shape like I was before I became a total druggie. I even ran into a former co-worker while I was walking my dog. She was very surprised to see me, as I was to see her. We talked for a while & apparently I had a pretty strong impression on my old partner (whom she's pretty tight with) because she still talks about me a lot, lol. I feel kind of bad because I always would get kind of annoyed with her, but she was nice enough. Anyway, she told me that a lot of the people that were there before are no longer there and that they are desperate for people that do my job. She was pretty sure that I would get the job again if I applied. Honestly, I would love to be back there. And I'm sorry this sounds so vague, but I have to keep it this way for privacy purposes.

I still think back to that night that changed everything. Because of someone else who decided to get shitface drunk then drive into me, I had to take a drug test. So, instead of pissing hot, I walked out. I did it because if you piss hot, the whole industry will know about it. It was better to just walk away. The problem is...ummmm...this happened once before too. They already took me back once. But, knowing them, they would probably take me back again. I'm sure they have dealt with much worse! I was always on time & did my job well. I was just a big pot-head at the time. But I never came to work stoned or lit up on the job either. That's what pisses me off about those fucking drug tests. What do they care what I do during my time off? Anyway, I'm trying to find out if a certain person is still there. If she is not, then I'm pretty sure I'll get in. That would be SO fucking cool!

Oh, and we're all set for tomorrow's festivities.

Oh, shit! I almost forgot. I got a phone call from ML (my ex-fling from Florida) earlier. I did not answer, but she left a voicemail. The voicemail said that she was pregnant, but not to worry about it because she's going to "take care of it". Honestly, I think she's bullshitting. We DID have sex a couple of times unprotected (she had to twist my arm because I'm the Condom King), but she also told me that she cannot get pregnant because of her surgery. I'm not too worried about it, but I was just shocked when I got the message!

4 comments:

kokh_adkt said...

Fluoxetine has been my best friend for a long time.

Melody Lee said...

I have the weirdest reactions to psych meds. Anything that can go wrong as far as fucked up side effects usually does where I am concerned. Except benzos, benzos are my friends.
You are lucky to have found something that works for you. I guess for me, at the present time heroin(e) is my fluoxetine. Let's hear it for self medication.

Amanda Paschen said...

you are handling that voice message better than I would. Damn!

Carrion Doll said...

shes full of shit. good to see you are doing a bit better.

i love the doctors i worked for. as long as you did yur job they did not care how hard you partied in your off time.