Saturday, August 9, 2008

History Repeating Itself

Last night was a complete roller coaster. I dropped off MU to her babysitting job through solid traffic and back, then my phone rang as I was on my final stretch. It was "the man", who I'll just start calling "TM" from now on. He was taking the train back from a baseball game and asked if I could pick him up from the station, then we could go get the shit. So, I turned around and went to meet him. Luckily it was not far from where I was. He was pretty drunk when I picked him up & said that we needed to wait for a call from his higher-up, so we drove back to the apartment to wait. He pulled out some bumps for us to do as we drove, which was cool. TM also runs a recording studio, and an open mic, which he's always bugged me to go to, but I never had. I've never done it mainly because of two reasons. First, I've always collaborated with other people, so I would be playing only a part of a complete song. The second reason is that it's always on a Friday, which has usually been when we've picked up our shit, which means that MU and I (especially my impatient ass) anxiously await to party and fuck the shit out of each other after we get it. So, I was playing him some stuff on the guitar & he was saying that I should definitely start working with him on a collaboration. He said I was a total asshole for never showing up at his open mics. I know. I totally am, lol.

So, we got the call and went to do the pick-up, then off to drop him off at his place. He wanted me to come in to do the exchange and show me his latest work. So, we went in. I noticed the studio looked a lot nicer than the last time I was there. This is the first time he played me any of HIS stuff. The first song was actually pretty good, but everything after that was just not really what I would like to work with. The hooks were very weak and the arrangement was bland. I was kinda hoping that I would be able to just record an album there and pay him for the studio time (which he has offered before), but now I think that he will want to work together. Fuck!

After that, I decided to go with him to check out the bar where he hosts the open mic. I wanted to hang with him for a while so that he would not be TOO pissed when I did not show up that night, lol. So I went there and the setup was okay. He introduced me to a few people, but my anxiety level was steadily rising. I stayed there for a short time, then I finally left. Now, we had been doing bumps ever since I picked him up, so I already had a decent buzz going.

I drove back home already knowing what would happen, even though I promised MU that it would not. The first thing I did when I got in was open one of the packages. I was only going to so a couple lines (which is always what I tell myself). Needless to say, that's not where it stopped. Luckily, I was able to half-way control it and only almost finish one package (we got 4). When she came home, I did not even tell her because I did not want to ruin things for our party. We started almost immediately. The sex was awesome & we were both really into it. It was great up until the very end when I had to tell her that there was no more. I was SO pissed at myself. Surprisingly, she was only slightly upset, but more worried about me. She actually held me on the couch while I stared off into the distance thinking about how much I fucking hate myself. I'm worried that this shit is just going to start all over again. I know that as long as I don't find work, and have nothing to do, the likelihood is very high. MU was crying earlier because she is so worried about me. Fuck.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

The only reason folks buy cocaine is to run out of it... been there more than once. Drinking helps, heroin fixes the cravings completely- not that I'd recommend that shit to anyone. :)

shelley

Anonymous said...

listen, i really hope you can get out of whatever funk your in. cocaine is scary shit...as is heroin.
if you abosolutely must, michlle ^ is right, drinking helps. and a lil chronic wouldnt hurt you either. just realize life can be better than the high. i know it sounds dumb and cliche, and im sure everyone tells you that. but you gotta stay strong. its courageous of you to admit you need change in the first place. just follow through

Anonymous said...

thanks also. i really do hope the best for you. if i was religious i might even pray.

kokh_adkt said...

I just recently started experimenting with white stuff, so i know how you feel in some of your blogs, Im just doing it on weekends though and right now im out, and i dont have any connections, i used to get it for free from someone who had it but not no more so im dying. btw are you male or female, you confused me in some of your posts.

Melody Lee said...

I know that for me, using every weekend is a huge temptation. Even though I do love what I do, I have to admit that after awhile, the days between Sun and Fri turn into nothin' but time to kill between parties. I get so obsessed with "the weekend" that everything else takes a back seat to my thoughts of getting high. I'm sure I don't have to tell you that being in a perpetual state of "I want" can fuck with your quality of life. If quitting cold is not an option, maybe stretching out the time between parties would help until you can taper off a bit.
Now if I could only follow my own advice:)