Saturday, March 22, 2008

Trouble in Paradise

Well, what's a relationship without a little drama, right? Last night, The Troll (my dad's wife, who is part owner of the place my new girlfriend lives in) made my girlfriend cry by intentionally saying some very nasty and calculating things. She (my girlfriend, we will call "ML") called me crying and I gave her my full support and vowed revenge on The Troll. ML came over this morning and we made love again, and mutually used the "L" word for the first time. I called my dad to tell him that I was NOT going to come by today because I did not feel comfortable around The Troll. We talked about what happened last night, and what I found out from him was very disappointing. First, he is convinced that ML is an alcoholic. I sort of suspected it at first, but when I told ML that The Troll was calling her an alcoholic, she took offense and denied it. However, there could be some good evidence to the contrary. My dad says that ML drank almost all his alcohol and has had to hide it from her. Also, one day when I was there, ML had bought them both bottles of Jack Daniels out of the blue (an admission of guilt?). Secondly, I found out that ML is 13 years older than me, and 10 years older than she told me she was! When my dad told me that, I did not believe him, but just to check, he went and looked at her rental application where they had a copy of her driver's license, and there it was - born in 1960. That makes her 48 next month! Last, but not least, I foud out that she has come on to my dad 3 times in the past. And, the last time apparently was pretty bad according to my dad (he spared me the details). I'm in a state of shock and disappointment. I've tried calling my best friend (RM), but cannot get in touch with her. To top things off, it has been raining cats and dogs outside. Gotta have a little visual effect, I guess.

No comments: