Sunday, November 23, 2008

Stranger in a Strange Land

I just finished my first run (treadmill) since I got sick. Sometimes I forget how much that really affects my mood. Fighting depression was the main reason I started integrating cardiovascular exercise into my routine in the first place. I'm feeling better than I did yesterday.
I got a call from my realtor yesterday informing me that the people who own the condo I was looking into buying are offering it to me for 20k less than what I offered. Wow. I'm trying to figure out a plan where I can get the money for a down payment & get a loan. So far, it's looking promising, but you never know. It's strange how this affects me psychologically. When I start thinking about buying my own place & paying dues, etc. (basically being responsible again!), I get a sense of hope as far as living a "normal" life again. I'd like to think that I've gained some wisdom from the shit I've been through these past few years. Perhaps I'm better prepared to deal with a conventional world while remaining a "free spirit" (I can't stand that term, but it does describe me). I'm especially referring to my new job, which I will start next month. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and get put with a cool partner. It's happened in the past. I'm still nervous as hell.
Oh, and as far as GH...I've kinda sorta blew her off this weekend. I just don't think we're a match. I feel bad, but dragging it out is worse. Maybe I'm just not ready.

1 comment:

Jennifer Cannon said...

Glad to hear that you are getting over the bronchitis and getting back on the treadmill. Running can be a pretty amazing high, huh? It gives me great release on days when I feel like using... and it gets me on my feet on the days when I feel like hiding from the world and staying in bed. I feel much more capable of taking on the big bad world after a good run.

Good luck with the condo purchase, too. Buying a place of your own can be a really gratifying experience. It's helps you feel functional and, well, 'normal'... as boring as that all sounds...

Being in the hospital SUCKS. My best to Mel in her recovery.