Thursday, November 6, 2008

Times you miss being a stoner

I'm pretty much out of commission with the bronchitis. I was feeling pretty shitty all last week and did not know why. Oh well, at least I'm not calling in sick to work. On top of this, I've been pretty damn depressed lately. I don't know anyone here, I've got no job & I can't even work out because I feel like crap. I was also reading this book that's supposed to make people feel better, "Think and Grow Rich", and yea - I'm pretty much feeling like a piece of shit now - thanks a lot. It's one of those books that calls everyone who is not rich a "loser". In fact, this idiot states that 98% of the population are losers. Ever see the movie "Little Miss Sunshine"? I'm pretty sure that Greg Kinnear's character was based upon the author of this book. Needless to say, I'm not reading that shit any more.
I'm also feeling guilty for not writing or playing any songs lately. Sometimes I just feel like going back to being a pot-head and just saying "fuck it all". It was nice to just kick back, smoke some herb & give a big one-finger salute to the world. I know myself though. I would not be happy with myself if I did that. Then again, when am I ever happy with myself?

2 comments:

DaftDragon said...

Dude I totally channel you this week. I actually bought a buncha pot to get me through the week but my lungs have been too fucked to smoke it.
I am upstate house sitting and I have been sick as a dog and depressed like mad...
Never read that book, but sounds like a gem. I dunno what your into book wise, but i'm reading "the unbearable lightness of being" by kundera. its not as heavy as it sounds, its a great story with some interesting thoughts, totally escapist. Something more in line with what u were reading... "the four hour work week" is a lot of fun, has some good make-life-better ideas.

anyways, hope u feel better.

omg, my type-it-in-the-box word says "tibercul" like tiburculosis.

Lucinda said...

I'm sick too, and it's sucking like a hoe (pun totally intended). I hope you feel better man!

If you want a good book, I'm reading "Marabou Stork Nightmare" by Irvine Welsh. Very entertaining, and doesn't talk at all about drugs, which is surprising for Welsh.